- 3 letters denoting the department or college sponsoring the course
- 3 numbers denoting the level
- 1 letter indicating the credit or full-course equivalent (FCE) value (H = 0.5 credit, Y = 1.0 credit)
- 1 number indicating the campus (1 = St. George campus)
For example, POL108Y1 is a 100-level course taught by the Department of Political Science, with a credit value of 1, taught at the St. George campus.
- F = fall session or first subsession of the summer session
- S = winter session or second subsession of the summer session
- Y = fall and winter sessions or first and second subsessions of the summer session
For sessional dates, see the Faculty of Arts and Science Course Timetable.
- abbreviated version of the full title of the course given in the Calendar; subtitle if used
- LEC or L = lecture
All courses have an L meeting section. If there is more than one L section listed, select the one that is offered at the time most convenient for your schedule. Meeting sections that begin with the number 5 (e.g., L5102, P5101) begin at 5 p.m. or later. Meeting sections that begin with the number 3 have an off-campus location.
- M = Monday
- T = Tuesday
- W = Wednesday
- R = Thursday
- F = Friday
- S = Saturday
Where more than one letter is used for a meeting section, classes meet on each day indicated. Classes begin at 10 minutes after the hour and finish on the hour. Unless otherwise stated, the duration of daytime classes is 50 minutes. For example, “T,R 13:00-15:00″ meets both Tuesday and Thursday, beginning at 1 PM and ending at 3 PM.
NOTE: no tutorial section meets until after the first lecture.