Research interests: authoritarian politics, contentious politics, political economy of development, China. She is the author of Prosper or Perish: Credit and Fiscal Systems in Rural China published by Cornell University Press, in 2012. Her publication has appeared in Perspectives on Politics, Comparative Politics, International Political Science Review, Political Studies, Foreign Affairs, China Quarterly, China Journal among others. She was An Wang Postdoctoral Fellow at Harvard University in 2008-09.
- Comparative Political Economy
- Politics of Finance
- Politics of China and East Asian Countries
- Lynette Ong interviewed by NY Times
- Professor Lynette Ong on land reform and China's new President
- BOOK LAUNCH – Prosper or Perish: Credit and Fiscal Systems in Rural China by Professor Lynette H. Ong
- Professor Lynette Ong on Beijing's pollution problem