- MESc, University of Toronto
- M.A., University of Toronto
- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin
Interests: Domestic politics in the Soviet Union and its successor states, especially nationality issues; comparative ethnic politics in industrialized states; ethnic politics in Canada, especially multiculturalism; ethnic self-identity and integration. Publications and research: articles on Soviet administrative theory; The CPSU in Resolutions and Decisions: The Brezhnev Years; Nationalism and History: The Politics of Nation Building in Post-Soviet Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia.
- Domestic Politics in the Soviet Union and its Successor States
- Comparative Ethnic Politics in Industrialized States
- Ethnic Politics in Canada, Especially Multiculturalism
- Ethnic Self-Identity and Integration