- MESc, University of Minnesota
- M.A., University of California, Santa Cruz
- Ph.D., University of California, Santa Cruz
Don’s work intersects political theory, Latin American Studies, and Critical Development Studies. He is the author of ‘Only the People can Save the People’: Constituent Power, Revolution, and Counter-Revolution in Venezuela (SUNY Press: 2018). Recent and forthcoming publications can be found in Latin American Research Review, Journal of Latin American Cultural Studies,The Bulletin of Latin American Research, Canadian Journal of Latin American and Caribbean Studies, and Radical Philosophy Review. Upcoming and on-going projects examine the politics of energy transitions in Canada and the developing world. Don is also a commentator on politics in Venezuela, having appeared on the CBC, CTV, and TVO as well as news radio programs and alternative and progressive media outlets in Canada and internationally.
- Latin American and North Atlantic Comparative Political Theory
- Latin American Politics
- Developmentalism and Neoliberalism
- Cultural Studies