- B.A., University of Minnesota
- M.A., University of California, Santa Cruz
- Ph.D., University of California, Santa Cruz
Donald Kingsbury is the Interim Director of the Munk One Program at the Munk School of Global Affairs and Public Policy and a lecturer in Political Science and Latin American Studies. He is the author most recently of Only the People can Save the People: Constituent Power, Revolution, and Counterrevolution in Venezuela (SUNY 2018) and articles on Latin American politics, Energy Transitions, and Political Ecology. He is currently at work on a new manuscript on the extractive frontiers of green energy.
- Latin American and North Atlantic Comparative Political Theory
- Latin American Politics
- Developmentalism and Neoliberalism
- Cultural Studies