- MESc, Russian State University for Humanities, Moscow
- M.A., University of Pittsburgh
- Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh
Primary research interests: international relations, human security, mobilization of people for armed conflict, recruitment of children in wars. Secondary research interests: international norms (promotion, diffusion, effectiveness, commitment and compliance), and research methodology. In 2006 she was a visiting researcher at the International Peace Research Institute, Oslo, Norway. She has published several articles, including in the journal International Security. She is currently working on a book based on her dissertation.
- Comparative Public Policy
- Human Security
- Mobilization of People for Armed Conflict
- Recruitment of Children In Wars