- MESc, University of Minnesota
- M.A., University of California, Santa Cruz
- Ph.D., University of California, Santa Cruz
Recent and forthcoming publications in The Bulletin of Latin American Research, Canadian Journal of Latin American and Caribbean Studies, and Radical Philosophy Review as well as manuscripts on Ernesto Laclau and Radical Democracy, Urban Social Movements in Caracas, Venezuela, and the Comparative Political Cultures of Oil and Development. A book manuscript on the concept of constituent power in contemporary Latin American political thought and experience. Upcoming and on-going projects examine the politics of energy transitions in Canada and the developing world. Don is also a commentator on politics in Venezuela, having appeared on the CBC and TVO as well as news radio programs and alternative and progressive media outlets in Canada and internationally.
- Latin American and North Atlantic Comparative Political Theory
- Latin American Politics
- Developmentalism and Neoliberalism
- Cultural Studies