Clifford Orwin is Professor of Political Science, Classics, and Jewish Studies and a Fellow of St. Michael’s College and a Senior Fellow of Massey College at the University of Toronto. He is also Distinguished Visiting Fellow at the Hoover Institution of Stanford University, and Senior Fellow of the Berlin Thucydides Center, Free University of Berlin. He is the author of The Humanity of Thucydides (Princeton University Press, 1994; 4th Ed. 2011, Mandarin translation 2015), and has contributed to many other books as well as publishing many articles on classical, modern, contemporary, and Jewish political thought. He has argued that professors should put teaching first and has won three major teaching awards at the University, including the inaugural J.J. Berry Smith Prize for Excellence in Doctoral Supervision (2013).
- Ancient, Modern, Contemporary and Jewish Political Thought
- The unimpeachable president
- Stephen Harper’s veiled attack on religious freedom
- Taking the temperature of American politics
- "What Makes a Great Graduate Supervisor?" with Clifford Orwin
- Professor Clifford Orwin receives the inaugural JJ Berry Smith Doctoral Supervision Award
- Professor Clifford Orwin on Egypt two years after the revolution